Do you consider a Gap Year?
Not sure what you want to study next Year??
Do you consider a career in the Hospitality Industry?
E2 Learn offers an internationally accredited certificate in Hospitality and Catering principles:
- Period: 4 months
(includes a module on Employability Skills for future employment assistance)
- The course is presented online
- On completion, you will receive an internationally recognised certificate.
Cost R6 000.00
- A career in the hospitality industry can be very rewarding, as the entire kitchen team plays an important part in ensuring a memorable experience for diners in hotels and restaurants.
- E2learn presents a comprehensive program with the focus on providing the necessary knowledge requirements to enter the hospitality sector which will give the individual an opportunity to decide on the career path they wish to focus on.
- The course has been designed to give the learner the opportunity to explore the different areas the restaurant and catering industry has to offer.
Who is this qualification aimed at?
- Individuals who want to enter the hospitality industry in a junior position with a good understanding of the culinary fundamentals.
- Individuals who are already working at an entry-level in hospitality roles, and wish to develop their knowledge and achieve a formal qualification
- Individuals who want to learn the culinary fundamentals as part of a gap year or self-improvement.
- Individuals who have a passion for food preparation and wish to improve their knowledge set.
- Learners must be of a minimum age of 16 to enrol for this course. There is however no maximum age limit, and anyone over the age of 16 is thus welcome to enter this program.
How is this course rolled out?
- This course is presented on E2 Learn’s online platform.
- You will need data and access to the internet on your computer/tablet/phone.
- Once enrolled, you will receive a password to access the learning material, worksheets and tests.
- Included in each module are a variety of recipes and helpful videos to enhance your learning experience.
- You will have direct access to the Facilitator for any enquiries and questions that might occur. This process will be either in the form of e mails.
What is the time frame of this course?
This online course can be completed within a 4-month period, spending about 2 hours per day.
You will receive a course schedule indicating how the modules should be completed. If you complete your course before the prescribed 4 x months, you will only be eligible for the issuing of a certificate once the course is fully paid.
Knowledge Topics (Units) covered in this program:
- Safe, Hygienic & Secure Working Environments in Hospitality
- Effective Teamwork
- Food safety in Catering
- Principles of Producing Basic Meat Dishes
- Principles of Producing Basic Pasta Dishes
- Principles of Producing Basic Cakes, Sponges and Scones
- Principles of Producing Basic Vegetable Dishes
- Principles of Producing Basic Hot Sauces
- Principles of Producing Basic Fish Dishes
- Principles of Producing Cold Starters and Salads
- Principles of Producing Basic Poultry Dishes
- Principles of Producing Basic Bread & Dough Products
- Principles of How to Maintain an efficient use of resources in the kitchen
- Principles of setting up and closing the kitchen
- This qualification is assessed by Portfolio of Evidence.
- You will collect evidence of your competence by successfully completing and electronically submitting worksheets and online tests.
- One of the modules requires a short external multiple-choice examination that must be completed at one of our examination centers. We have several opportunities throughout the year to complete this examination and you can select a venue closest to you.
- You need to achieve competence in all the units of this qualification to receive certification.
On successful completion of this program, you will achieve:
- Highfield International Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality & Catering Principles (Food Production & Cooking) (QCF)
- Highfield International Level 2 Award Certificate in Food Safety in Catering
These qualifications are regulated by:
- OFQUAL – The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England
- CCEA Regulations – CCEA Regulation has an independent function within CCEA and is responsible for the accreditation and regulation of regulated qualifications offered in Northern Ireland
- Qualifications Wales
Highfield Certificates can be authenticated using Highfield’s freely available ‘Check Cert’ service.
This qualification is not registered on the NQF (National Qualifications Framework) in South Africa. All foreign qualifications offered in South Africa are non-credit-bearing qualifications. Currently, there is a provision for individual learners (qualification holders) to submit their foreign qualifications to SAQA for evaluation and recognition. View more.
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering qualification is recognized by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and is, therefore, a valuable qualification to have for international travel or working on ocean vessels.
- You will complete all the necessary theoretical units to give you a good understanding of how a kitchen operates, how to apply different kitchen techniques and cooking methods, and how to prepare, cook and finish different food items.
- The theory units, which this course focuses on, also include instructions on how to apply your knowledge on a practical level.
- It is important to remember that working as a chef is a practical profession. You thus need the necessary theoretical knowledge to do all the kitchen tasks, but perfection comes with lots of practical experience.
- Although practical evidence is not a requirement to achieve this qualification, we would like to encourage our learners to put their learned skills into practice at home and gain valuable work experience in a restaurant or hotel, as adding work experience onto your CV will enhance your chances to find employment in this industry.
Once you have completed this course, and you wish to broader your skills or specialize in a specific area, you could consider enrolling into other courses such as:
- Professional chef diploma level course
- Food & Beverage services courses
- Patisserie courses
This cost includes:
- All course material
- Registration with Highfield International
- Highfield International external examination.
Not included in the qualification costs:
- Data for online learning
- Travelling costs to one of our examination centers to complete the external Highfield international examination. (Once during the course)
- Any ingredients to try out recipes at home (optional)
- Once-off fee – R 6000.00
- Payment plan:
50% deposit – R 3 000.00
3 x R 1 100.00 installments
Payment method and compliance:
- On completion of the registration, and you indicated that you will pay the once–off fee, E2 Learn will generate an invoice for R 6 000.00 and send it to you for payment
- If you select the payment plan – option, E2 Learn will generate an invoice for R 3 000.00 (50% deposit) payable at the beginning of month one, which will activate your studies.
- E2 Learn will generate an invoice of R 1 100.00 payable monthly, (for 3 x months) to ensure that you have online access and can proceed and complete your studies.
Starting dates / Course intakes
- You can enroll for this program anytime during the year.
- To start the application /enrollment process, click on the ENROLL NOW button at the bottom of this information brochure.
Terms & Conditions
- The Intellectual Property (IP) of the course material exclusively belongs to Warwick’s Chef School.
- The Intellectual Property (IP) for the Employability Skills module exclusively belongs to Didactix
2. Study fees:
See detail under heading “Cost” – Payment method and compliance.
3. Voluntary termination of studies:
In the event where a student voluntary decides to terminate his/her studies he/she will not have the right to claim any study fees already paid to E2 Learn.
4. Food Safety in Catering in examination:
Note that in the event that a student fails the Food Safety in Catering examination, he/she will be responsible for the re-registration costs. (R350 plus postage of the examination paper)
5. E2 Learn online learning:
It is highly recommended that you adhere to the online study guidelines of at least two hours per day to ensure your progress is aligned with the online modules and tasks.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 120 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 287
- Assessments Yes