People enter into a marriage with the believe that they are entering a life- long commitment. It is therefore important that the couple understand the legal side of marriage. For some couples, the happy ever after might not be the case. It is important to know the process to follow if divorce is the next step.
Background to the LIFE SKILLS courses
A Workforce is the backbone of any company’s success.
However, if there are employees who are continually faced with:
- A difficult and unreasonable partner at home
- Abuse in various forms
- Unresolved paternity disputes etc.
- Having issues within their marriage
then such problems may negatively affect the employee’s output at work.
The ideal for Business Owners and Executive Team Members is to employ happy, focused and fully engaged employees. However, in a constantly changing environment and continuous challenges, EMPLOYEES NEED CERTAIN LIFE SKILLS to cope with these challenges/problems in order to maximise their output in the workplace.
We all strive for positive and healthy relationships. The reality is that not all relationships work out the way we anticipated. Those who decide to get married, enter into a marriage with the aim that it will last forever. The reality is that not all marriages last forever. Finally, we live in a country where gender-based violence is a reality. Individuals and employees must be educated and exposed to these reality occurrences.
Through these LIFE SKILLS courses, E2 Learn offers an opportunity to employees in companies and other individuals, to be informed, educated and become aware of their rights as well as the potential actions or interventions that can be taken once exposed to Unhealthy relationships, Maintenance issues, Family Violence or challenges regarding Marriage and Divorce.
How did E2 Learn embark on these courses?
We obtained the services of an experienced former Social Worker (who not only practises as an Attorney since 2003) to compile the three courses from a legal perspective. Stofberg Attorneys (Christelle Swart) structured these courses in such a manner that the student will be exposed to all relevant elements of the topic as well as the legal rights, implications and practical examples thereof. Each Life Skills course concludes with a self – assessment to ensure that the student can confirm the learning experience and have an acceptable understanding of the topic. Having the information in print allows the employee to continually consult the contents of the course whenever needed.
Who will benefit from these courses?
Any individual or employee in a company can benefit from these important awareness programmes, as well as any person who is subjected to unhealthy relationships/circumstances, or marriage issues.
How are these courses rolled out?
- This course is presented on E2 Learn’s online platform.
- You will need data and access to the internet on your computer/tablet/phone.
- Once enrolled, you will receive a password to access the learning material, worksheets and tests.
Content covered in this program:
- Requirements for a legal marriage
- Formalities on the day of marriage
- Matrimonial Property Systems
- What to do when divorce is the next step
- Process if the defendant wants to defend the matter
- When Minor Children are involved
- The use of a Legal Representative
- Furter reading
What is the time frame of this course?
The individual online courses can be completed within 1 day (including the self – assessment)
- Individuals via Payfast option available on E2 Learn website
- Companies will receive an invoice for the number of students that will enrol
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 85
- Assessments Yes